Pages

Monday 4 August 2014

Summer 2014 Nail Favourites


After having left high school this year, I'm finally able to wear nail polish without hiding it under my sleeves every time an adult comes near. There are a lot of colours I've been especially loving this Summer, so I thought I'd share my current nail favourites.

Avon Opal Top Coat - This is a nail product that I would only tend to use on a feature nail as it definitely can look very 'blingy'. Not necessarily a sophisticated polish, but the sparkle makes it perfect for nights out all year round. If I'm using nail glitter I use this as the top coat.

Rimmel Disco Ball 500 - Another top coat, this time with a lilac and blue colour instead of just clear. I've found this compliments a lot of nail colours and is subtle enough for use on all nails without being overpowering. A very pretty glitter which can be built up nicely with multiple coats.

Topshop Bound - This product was on my Topshop wishlist post and I decided I just had to get it. It has turned out slightly more green than expected - I thought it would have been more blue-toned - but it is still a gorgeous colour. There is a shimmery finish and this colour suits almost any outfit. If the Rimmel Disco Ball is applied as a top coat it looks mermaid-like! Perfect for the Summer days.

Barry M Indigo 312 - This polish is like a dark blue with the perfect hint of purple. I love how the colour is deep yet still vibrant. A definite favourite from Barry M.

Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream 306 - I would describe this one as a vibrant sky blue. It looks much brighter on than it does in the bottle, and this is the perfect shade to make your tan 'pop'. The name of this polish makes it even more desirable! 

Maybelline Acid Wash Top Splatter 250 - This has already been mentioned in my July favourites so I'll say again, a beautiful jazz up to any polish and perfect for a nice and easy feature nail. I've seen they have some other colours in the Acid Wash collection so let me know if you've tried any of them!

Sally Hansen Sonic Bloom 260 - This has been a long-time favourite of mine and is one of my go-to nail colours. It's almost like a red/pink neon, and I love wearing this with monochrome outfits to give them an instant splash of colour. The Sally Hansen brushes make their polish very easy to apply so don't let the bold colours scare you off! I couldn't seem to find this on a UK website and I received it as a gift, but I expect it is available to order worldwide.

What are some of your nail faves this Summer? I'd love to try a few new ones out! As always, thank you for reading, Tasha xo

6 comments:

  1. Nice post.Really like it! :)
    Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices!
    I love Barry M nail polishes
    Cute blog ^-^
    http://perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, and they're not overpriced either! Thank you very much xo

      Delete