Pages

Sunday 10 August 2014

What's In My Carry On Bag?



For those of you who don't know, I'm off to New York tomorrow morning! I'm very excited and will hopefully have a huge beauty haul post ready for when I come back. This is actually going to be my first time on a plane, so I did my research before packing my carry on to make sure I have everything I need.

Let's start off with the bag. I got this from Accessorize a good two years ago so I doubt this particular one is available anywhere, but I know Accessorize still stock very similar bags. I chose to use this one as it has the two pockets at the front which is perfect for small things and there are also a few little compartments inside to hold phones etc. Now for what's actually in the bag...
In the front pockets I keep:
Tissues, as I often get sniffly in the mornings.
Complimints (Aldi). I'll use these to freshen up after food.
Blotting Sheets. I've heard planes can be very drying on the skin which would cause mine to become oily. These sheets also have a small amount of translucent powder on them which I really like.
Two pens. These are for both writing and using with my loom bands (yep, I've fallen into that trap, more on that later...)
Earphones. I can listen to my music or block out sound if I want to sleep.
A mirror. I'll use this to check my hair and touch up my makeup.
I keep my iPod, my portable charger, my lip balm and my phone (not pictured as that's the camera I use) in the zipped pocket on the inside.
Loose in the main part of the bag is a magazine, a notebook, a photocopy of my passport (my mum is carrying my actual one) and a book. Except for the photocopy (obviously) these are all just for entertainment. I have with me my sunglasses, normal glasses and some makeup also. I took my Bare Minerals Foundation, my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder along with the brushes for touch ups before the plane lands. I brought the MUA Highlighter and my Naked Palette as they seem a bit too delicate to stay in my check-in bag! In the last picture I have a few miscellaneous bits that I'll go into more detail on:
A blow-up travel pillow. I definitely recommened the blow-up ones as that way you can decide how sturdy you want them and they can be deflated to take up less room when they're not in use. They're usually a lot cheaper than the cushion-y ones too.
Fluffy socks. I'll probably be taking my shoes off on the plane and no one wants chilly feet, so these should keep my toes toasty.
Body Lotion. This will hopefully stop the plane's drying effect on my skin doing too much damage.
A hairbrush. I'll use this if I want to redo my hair, and it's nice and small so it doesn't take up too much room.
Loom bands..? My friend's little sister showed me how to make these and I thought they'd be a good time-consumer! (It's actually pretty fun)
My purse, obviously to keep money and my ID etc in.
This old little Totoro purse, which I'm keeping GBPs in just in case.
Finally a map, so I know where I'm going! I've labelled on it the places I'm hoping to go, like Sephora and Bath and Body Works etc. This came inside a pocket travel guide.
Other bits I'll need such as hand cream, charger cables, snacks and my passport is going in my mum's bag, so don't worry, I haven't forgotten!

Is there anything else you think I ought to take? Let me know! Thank you for reading and see you when I get back, Tasha xo

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you're all set! Have a great trip!

    I just visited NY a few weeks ago, and I promise you won't be let down! BTW The Shake Shack is a must go if you like milkshakes and hamburgers. Also, in the East Village a place called The Bean made some awesome coffee.

    Can't wait to hear how your trip goes!

    www.tennesseeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time, thank you! Thanks for your help also, unfortunately didn't get to go to The Shake Shack because it was super busy, still found some good food places though xo

      Delete
  2. Nice post :)

    waterprooflashes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete