Pages

Saturday 13 September 2014

Lip Favourites Autumn 2014


Autumn is the time of year when the nights get sooner, the air gets cooler and the clothes get darker, so what better season to brighten things up with a lip colour? Here are my recent much loved products.

Baby Lips Cherry Me, £2.99 - My two words to describe this would be sheer and warm. It gives your lips a nice pinky-red tint which is perfect for a subtle look.

Sleek Lipstick in 'Cherry', £4.99 - When I was looking for a lipstick this shade, it was a Superdrug Sales Assistant who persuaded me to go for the brand Sleek, which I haven't bought from before. She explained how the lipsticks have the same pigments as MAC, and wow, she was right. This gorgeous dark red is on point for A/W. I often apply with my fingertip just over lip balm to calm the colour down for more of an everyday style. A must-have if you really want your lips to pop.

MUA Lipstick in 'Nectar', £1 - I just picked up this product yesterday in one of my college frees (college is 5 minutes away from a Superdrug - my beauty buying is going to go off the rails) as I loved the peachy tone of the colour. I can't lie, I loved the price too. This lighter colour will brighten up any dark outfit, and for just a pound, what's stopping you?!
Swatched in the same order as product list
Baby Lips Electro Pink Shock, £2.99 - I got very excited when I saw a new Baby Lips line in the UK, and this vibrant pink caught my eye right away. It's a lot more pigmented than the other Baby Lips but it still has a pretty sheer finish. Again, great for a pop of colour.

EOS Lip Balm in Sweet Mint, £6.50 - I actually bought my EOS whilst I was in America, where they are significantly cheaper (around $4.20 which is about £2.50) and I'm very glad I picked one up for myself. They look cute as ever, smell amazing and moisturise your lips perfectly. I use mine often and it's lasted quite a while, so even though they are a bit more pricey in the UK, I do think it's worth the investment!

What have been your favourite lip products this Autumn? Thank you for reading, Tasha xo

No comments:

Post a Comment